Udaan makes B2B commerce convenient and efficient. We are India’s leading B2B e-commerce platform and one of India’s largest & fastest growing ecommerce companies.
Lakhs of Indian SMBs (Small and Medium sized Businesses) - the entrepreneurial pulse of India - in multiple categories and across the length and breadth of the country use the Udaan app every day to buy and sell goods at a hitherto unheard-of scale. Udaan’s logistics, payments and credit services empower our users to trade safely and easily.
We are a very passionate and driven team on a mission to grow India’s commerce by bringing the power of internet to Indian entrepreneurs. We are looking for a Business Development expert to join us in this journey. If you are comfortable in an "all hands-on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, you’ll feel right at home. Read on to know more.
We're looking for an all-star to be part of our Key Account Management team. If you are comfortable in an ‘all hands-on deck’ environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, this is the place for you.
Key Account Management team being the core of commerce happening on Udaan. This is the team that interacts, onboards sellers and work on exceptional sales and growth for categories responsible. The single objective being to be able to get right mix of selection and pricing of through right set of Sellers and parallelly work on their account reconciliation and seller hygiene. In this role you will be responsible for market research, gather insights and plan a strategy to achieve the business goals. Critical objectives for you would be to increase the penetration of Udaan into newer markets and acquire traders.
This is a massively impactful role and you'll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Responsible to drive Top line and Bottom line in alignment with the company strategy and for respective category
- Assortment planning thru Market visits by understanding buyer’s insight, seasonality changes, brand and competition strategies
- Finalizing right mix of supplier/distributors to meet geographical sales demand with periodical review on brand performance and driving vendor relation
- Working with category teams to implement Legal compliance, account reconciliation, RTO Reconciliation and Month end account books closure
- Developing joint plans with suppliers to ensure appropriate investment budget for enhancing category growth and the return on investment for mutual benefits
- Develop quarterly marketing calendar & manage various activations for category development like promoter’s activity, sampling, mega displays, flyers, and newspaper ads, various seasonal and festive events in line with same
- Assessing business performance by maintaining tracker to analyze GMV, sales achievement for events, promotions and product launches
- Coordination with supply chain to ensure vendor fill rates and In-stocks are maintained with minimal working capital, with finance for closing monthly category margins, quarterly vendor reconciliations and with Store Operations for solving customer queries, concerns and other operational issues
- Drive category growth through innovation and new initiatives
This Opportunity is right for you if:
● You have the ability to manage a team delivering exceptional achievements vs targets
● You have excellent data analysis, data interpretation and first principle problem solving approach
● You have an ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and a generalist do-what-it-takes mind-set
● You are having familiarity of markets and the ability to converse in local language with buyers or sellers
● Willing to explore geographies in the Tier 2 cities of North India