In continuation with the review of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 morning slot on 25th November, Career2NextOrbit team now presents the review of CAT 2018 (Evening Slot) directly from the candidates who JUST appeared for it.
CAT aspirants who take the test have several notions running in their head regarding the percentile they will get based on their attempts and will they be able to make it to their dream B-School. This is the reason CAT reviews are sought after so much after the conclusion of CAT every year. To help these candidates in their admission journey, our team reached out to the students who took the test and to some of the experts to get their opinion as well on the overall and section wise difficulty level of CAT-2018 (second slot).
Here are some of the initial reactions -:
1. Verbal Aptitude - Easiest of the three sections
2. LRDI - Moderately Difficult
3. Quantitative Aptitude (QA) - Moderate
4. To score 99 percentile,
- Overall : 155-160 marks
- Verbal Ability : 62-64 marks
- LRDI : 43-45 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 48-50 marks
- Attempts : In VA - 25 questions, in LRDI - 15 and in QA - 20 questions
5. VA section was easier than expected. Just like VA in the First Slot of CAT 2018 which was also easy. A good attempt would be 20+ questions.
6. LRDI was easier on the moderately difficult side. Overall 15+ attempts could fetch you good marks.
7. QA section was a mix of easy and moderately difficult questions and a candidate could have attempted 16+ questions without much hassle.
Stay tuned for further analysis of CAT this year when Candidates Speak after appearing for the CAT 2018 morning and evening slots.