Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) has announced the admissions process of its MBA programme for 2019-2021 batch.
FMS, established in 1954 under the aegis of the Delhi University, is one of the oldest B-schools in India. FMS started off in the premises of the Delhi School of Economics. Later, the department of commerce of the Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), now the Delhi Technological University (DTU), was abolished and the Faculty of Management Studies was established.
Application & Selection Procedure
Applications for admission to the programme are invited through advertisements in major national newspapers every year. Applicants can register themselves for admission to MBA Programme (2019–2021) through FMS website www.fms.edu by filling up online registration form and by paying the requisite registration fee of INR 1000 (INR 350 for SC/ST/PWD), between October 8, 2018 and November 20, 2018.
Shortlisting of Candidates for Personal Interview To encourage diversity of Gender and Academic Disciplines, for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for Interview Process different weightages shall be assigned to the scores of different sections of the CAT 2018.
A composite score shall be computed giving weightages of 30%, 30%, and 40% to the scores of QA, DI/LR and VRC sections respectively as provided by the CAT Centre for the CAT 2018. Examination for candidates who apply to FMS. An additional 3 marks shall be added to the Composite Score so computed in case of women candidates for the purpose of shortlisting. This composite score shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Interview Process.
|Online Registration opens||8th October, 2018|
|Online Registration closes||20th November, 2018|
|Last date for foreign students||28th February, 2019|
Admission Merit List
From the shortlisted candidates, admission to MBA programme shall be based on Extempore Speech, Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Class X & Class XII marks and CAT 2018 scores as provided by CAT centre. The following weight - system will be applied for drawing the merit list of final selection:
1. CAT 2018 Score - 60%
2. Marks obtained in Class X - 5%
3. Marks obtained in Class XII - 5%
4. Group Discussion - 10%
5. Extempore - 5%
6. Personal Interview - 15%
An additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks shall be awarded to the women candidates who appear for the interview while drawing the list of selected candidates. Applicants may visit https://iimcat.ac.in for appearing in the Common Admission Test (CAT 2018).
Applicants who have not taken CAT 2018 will not be considered for admission. The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark sheets at the time of the interview. The final list of candidates selected will be declared after completing the process for all candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Program
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50% – GEN | 45% – SC/ST
- Candidates appearing for the final year of examination of Bachelor’s degree can also apply
Note: Candidates appearing for the final year of examination of Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of scores till the time of application, provided that they expect to fulfill the eligibility criteria when their results are declared.
The application for FMS is Rs 1000 for General/OBC category students and Rs 350 for SC/ST/PWD category students.
Reservations/Relaxations are provided to the candidates as per the guidelines issued by the University of Delhi, as amended from time to time. At present, the reservations in MBA Programme 2019– 2021 are as under:
• Total seats - 200
Unreserved: General - 101
Reserved: SC - 30, ST - 15, OBC - 54
• Supernumerary seats: PWD - 10, CW - 10, FS - 10
Mode of Application
• All candidates are required to register using the online registration system available on www.fms.edu
• There will be no other mode of registration
• Opening Date: October 8, 2018
• Closing Date: November 20, 2018
1. Visit the FMS website http://www.fms.edu
2. You will be directed to the On-line registration page. Fill in the required information correctly.
3. Verify the data entered. After the registration information is confirmed, no data can be modified.
4. You will be able to pay the registration fee as per the procedure given below. Go to the payment gateway only after you have confirmed your registration information.
Online Payment through Internet
You will be directed to the Internet Payment Gateway of the Bank as mentioned in FMS website. Confirm payment through credit card/debit card.
For any information or queries related to admissions, the applicants should contact -:
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 011-2766 6382 - 6388 (Working days between 10:00 and 17:00 Hrs)
- Website: www.fms.edu