Indian badminton player PV Sindhu is seventh on the Forbes list of highest-earning women sportspersons in the world. Despite badminton’s semi-professional status in most parts of the world, the Rio Olympics silver medallist earned $8.5 million in the period between June 2017 and June 2018 — this includes her prize winnings and endorsement deals.
Here are a few things you might like to know:
- P.V.Sindhu became a household name after winning silver medal at 2016 Summer Olympics.And the victory and defeats that came after but what is really being talked about is P.V.Sindhu’s entry to the highest-earning women sportspersons in the world Forbes list.
- On questioned about reaching up to the list sindhu said that she doesn’t know how much was there as all of the money goes to the banks but she is happy to be in the list and sharing this with such great woman athletes.
- Serena Williams, the 23-time Grand Slam champion, topped Forbes' list with $18.1 million. Caroline Wozniacki, Sloane Stephens, Garbine Muguruza, Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams were the other tennis players listed higher than Sindhu.
- More interesting is the fact that eight of the ten athletes in the list are tennis stars, with Sindhu and American race car driver Danica Patrick being the only exceptions. Danica is placed ninth in the list.
Important questions that might be asked from this article.
Note: Click on the words in 'box' to guess the correct answer.
1. P.V.Sindhu entered Forbes list of highest-earning women sportspersons in the world 2018, what is her rank? ?
2. Which organisation is responsible for calculating highest-earning women sportspersons in the world ?