About the MICAT Examination
- MICA stands for Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad.
- Offers the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
- (i) CAT/ XAT/GMAT
- (ii) MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
*DATES NOT RELEASED YET*
Form Fee MICAT 2018 :
MICAT Application Fee is Rs. 1965.
Modes of Payment
- Online: Through Credit/Debit Cards (VISA/Master)
- Create a demand draft (DD) of the test fees from any Bank in favour of MICA payable at Ahmedabad through BLUE DART courier along with Payment Advice Form to be filled and signed by the candidates.
Aspirants can take a printout of the Payment Advice form, sign and send it along with the DD to the MICA at the following address:
Admissions Office, MICA, Shela,
Ahmedabad - 380 058, India,
Phone: 02717 – 308250 / 308313.
- Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years' duration in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification
- No age limit.
- Descriptive Test
- Verbal Ability (VA)
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- General Awareness (GA)
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)
- Psychometric Test (DT)
Parts Section No. of Questions Time Allotted Section I Descriptive Test 4 35 Minutes Section II Verbal Ability (VA) Quantitative Ability (QA) General Awareness (GA)
Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)
25 25 25
1 Hour 45 Minutes
Section III Test (DT) 36 25 Minutes
MICAT 2017 exam was of 2 hours 45 Minutes duration.
MICAT syllabus for Quantitative Ability
In this section, candidates should prepare the following topics.
|Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)||Ratios and Proportion|
|Heights & Distance||Percentages|
|Profit & Loss||Averages, Time-Speed-Distance|
|Work and time||Number system|
|HCF – LCM||Geometric Progression|
|Arithmetic progression||Arithmetic mean|
|Geometric mean||Harmonic mean|
|Median and Mode||Number Base System|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Venn Diagram|
|Probability||Permutations & Combinations|
|Calendar, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers||Maxima & Minima Progression|
MICAT syllabus 2018 for General Awareness
In this section, candidates are evaluated on their knowledge of GK and current affairs. Candidates should be well-acquainted with the current affairs of last one year or six months. The questions are mainly asked from the following topics.
|Literature||Indian Constitution, Nation and states|
MICAT syllabus for Divergent - Convergent Reasoning
This section comprises questions that are designed to assess the problem-solving approach of the candidates. Questions will be both from verbal and non-verbal reasoning. The questions are based on the below-mentioned topics.
|Data Sufficiency||Sequence and Series|
|Statement – Assumption||Visual Reasoning and Word Association|
These tests assess analytical, writing ability and creative skills of candidates. In Descriptive test questions will be based on pictures where candidates have to combine those and write a story out of it. Candidates will also get questions on letter writing.MICAT syllabus for Descriptive Test
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Jaipur, Jammu, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
Stay tuned to Career2NextOrbit for more news and updates on CAT.