BIMTECH’S Convocation Day was celebrated with much pomp and show on 11th April, 2018 with 423 students being awarded their postgraduate degrees. The students belonged to different streams which included post graduate diploma- General/ Insurance / Retail management and International business. The function was held with a huge gathering in India Exposition Mart, Greater Noida.
The chief guest for the occasion was Hon’ble Vice President of IndiaShri Venkaiah Naidu who has been holding the office since 11th August 2017.A social reformer from a very early age, he was always inspired by principled politics. The convocation ceremony was declared open by Smt. Jayashree Mohta, who is the Chairperson, Board of Directors, Birla Group.
As an eminent political figure, Shri Naidu gained prominence as a brilliant orator, who vigorously championed the cause of the farmers and the development of backward areas. Previously, he served as the Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development and Information and Broadcasting in Modi's Cabinet.
According to Shri Venkaiah Naidu, “Twenty first century India has got some extraordinary talent which the youth must upgrade from time to time so that they grab opportunities that will help them to excel in the corporate world. He laid emphasis on the fact that students should build the four positive C’s- Character, Calibre, Capacity and Conduct.” He further coined words such as “Reform, Perform, and Transform” to encourage the students to become worthy citizens of the country.
The students of batch 2016-18 felt really delighted and privileged on being given their diplomas by the Vice President himself. And the message that the honourable vice president gave to the passing batch was that education should not be for commission instead it should instil values. Also he said that talented youth should assume the role of being job creators instead of being job seekers. This process might give temporary pain but will deliver long term gains. He quoted former president of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and said “ That one should aim high and work hard for it” .Lastly he appreciated BIMTECH for its various endeavours and said that knowledge has no frontiers and one must care for the ones close to us and specially work for the betterment of the society.
Dr. H. Chaturvedi, Director, BIMTECH presented the annual report and gave his blessings to the students.
It was a day of mixed emotions for all the students who were passing out .On one hand they were elated on getting their diplomas and posed happily with their batch mates in their full black convocation attire which had them wearing their academic caps and black robes, whereas on the other hand they were emotional about going away from a place in which they had strings of memories attached and which had taught them a lot.
The following students were felicitated on the occasion for excellence in academic and extracurricular activities:
1. Gold Medal Awarded to Mr. Aditya Vardhan for Securing Overall First Position In PGDM
2. Gold Medal Awarded to Ms. Shallika Singh for Securing Overall First Position In PGDM (IB)
3. Gold Medal Awarded to Ms. Yashaswi Agrawal for Securing Overall First Position In PGDM (IBM)
4. Gold Medal Awarded to Mr. Praveen Kumar A for Securing Overall First Position In PGDM (RM)
5. Special Medal Awarded to Ms. Sonali Gupta For Securing First Position In The ‘Marketing’ Specialization Stream In PGDM
6. Special Medal Awarded to Ms. Roncy Sara Thomas for Securing First Position In The ‘Operations’ Specialization Stream In PGDM
7. Special Medal Awarded to Mr. Aditya Vardhan for Securing First Position In The ‘Finance’ Specialization Stream In PGDM
8. Special Medal Awarded to Ms. Divya Negi for Securing First Position In The ‘Human Resource’ Specialization Stream In PGDM
9. Dr. C.B.Gupta Memorial Medal – 2018, For All-Round Best Performance Among Male Students, Awarded To Mr. Praveen Kumar A
10. Smt.Yashoda Jaju Memorial Medal – 2018, For All-Round Best Performance Among Female Students, Awarded To Ms. Shallika Singh
11. Smt. Madhuri J Sheth Award For Best Academic Performance, Among Female Students of PGDM, Awarded To Ms. Tanvi Jain
12. Smt. Madhuri J Sheth Award For Best Academic Performance, Among Female Students of PGDM (International Business), Awarded To Ms. Shallika Singh.
13. Sarla Devi Birla Award for best Best Chiraiya (life skills education programme of Bimtech) to Ms. Sujata Gautam
14. Jagdish N Sheth award for Best Thesis to Dr . Amarendra Pande and Dr. Himanshu Gupta