About SNAP Examination
- SNAP or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is a mandatory test for admission to MBA colleges associated with Symbiosis International University.
- There are 15 colleges under Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP), and all comes under the head of Symbiosis International University.
- Official Website of SNAP Examination: http://www.snaptest.org
Form Fee (SNAP 2017)
Rs. 1750(Plus individual college form fee)
Candidates Applied (SNAP 2016)
Mode of Payment
1. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD
The candidate may pay directly through Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
2. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING
The candidate may transfer SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
3. PAYMENT THROUGH CASH
After online SNAP 2017 registration print 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1750/- in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' to the candidate.
Candidates need to keep the Candidate copy as payment receipt. Sign the stamped 'Symbiosis copy' of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at the address given in this page.
4. PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT
Obtain a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1750/- from any Nationalized Bank in favour of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" payable at Pune.
Choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
GRAM: LAVALE, TAL: MULSHI, DIST.: PUNE - 412115
PHONE: 020-39116226/ 27, TELE FAX: 020-39116228
SNAP Eligiblity Criteria 2017
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution(issued on or before the date as stipulated by Symbiosis Institute) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
SNAP Exam Format
Paper- Pen based test
- Quantitative Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- General Knowledge and Awareness
SNAP Exam Pattern (2017)
|SECTIONS||NO OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|1||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40||40|
|2||Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|3||Current Affairs (of last 2 years)||30||30|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
- SNAP Test duration is of 120 minutes
- Date: December 17, 2017; Time: 14.00 hrs. - 16.00 hrs.
- SNAP Test is an objective test. Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response.
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks.
- Candidate must use Blue or Black ball point pen only.
|Quantitative Ability||Reasoning||General English||General Awareness|
|Geometry||Data Interpretation based on text||Comprehension of passage (Poems may also come)||Entertainment|
|Ratios and Proportion||Graphs and tables (Graphs can be Column graphs)||Syllogisms||Politics|
|Percentages||Bar Graphs||Contextual usage||Quotations|
|In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra||Line charts||Analogies||Current affairs|
|Profit & Loss||Pie Chart||Antonyms||World records|
|Averages||Graphs representing Area||Fill In the Blanks||Social issues, etc.|
|Partnership||Venn diagram||Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences|
|Time-Speed-Distance||Critical reasoning||Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed)|
|Work and time||Visual reasoning||Sentence Correction|
|Number system||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Foreign language words used in English|
|HCF & LCM||Assertion and reasons||Sentence completion|
|Geometric Progression||Statements and assumptions||Sentence correction|
|Arithmetic progression||Identifying valid inferences||Odd man out|
|Arithmetic mean||Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments||Idioms|
|Geometric mean||Statements and conclusions||One word substitution|
|Harmonic mean||Cause and Effect||Different usage of same word|
|Median||Identifying Probably true|
|Number Base System||Definitely true|
|BODMAS||Definitely false kind of statement|
|Allegation & Mixtures||Matrix arrangements|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Syllogisms|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Functions|
|Set Theory||Family tree (identifying relationship among group of people)|
|Venn Diagram||Symbol Based problems|
|Installment Payments||Coding and decoding|
|Probability||Identifying next number in series|
|Permutations & Combinations|
|Maxima & Minima Progression|
|Surds & Indices|
SNAP Cut off Criteria
The participating institutes of SNAP 2017 will release their separate SNAP 2017 cut off after considering following factors:
- Level of difficulty in SNAP test
- Number of test takers
- Number of available seats
- Number of candidates qualified the test
|Weightage for Final Merit List|
|SNAP Score (out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks)||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
SNAP 2017 Exam Cities
|SR. NO||CITY NAME||SR. NO||CITY NAME|
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
|S.No||Name of the Participating Institutes||No. of Seats||Name of the MBA Programmes offered|
|1||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)||220||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)|
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||90||MBA (Information Technology)|
|30||M.Sc (Computer Applications)|
|3||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)||220||MBA (Infrastructure Management)|
|4||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||120||MBA (International Business)|
|50||MBA (Agri Business)|
|30||MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||120||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|6||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||120||MBA|
|7||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)||120||MBA (Communication Management)|
|8||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik)||120||MBA (Operations Management)|
|9||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||180||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
|10||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||77||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|11||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM - Bengaluru)||150||MBA|
|12||Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||80||MBA (Communication Management)|
|13||Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||50||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|14||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||120||MBA|
|15||Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS)||NA||MBA (Sports Management|
Note: The above mentioned seats are based on previous year’s information. The intake may change for the admission to 2018-20 batches.
Stay tuned to Career2NextOrbit for more news and updates on SNAP.