About the company:
- The company has been incorporated and headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, since 1st September 2009. It is the world's largest consulting firm measured in terms of revenue and is a Fortune Global 500 company.
- Accenture common equity is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, under the symbol ACN, and was added to the S&P 500 index on 5 July 2011. Apart from that in 2016, Fortune magazine named it as the world's most admired Information Technology Services company.
It started as a business and technology consulting division of Arthur Andersen’s accounting firm. It is appointed to make a feasibility study for smooth installation of UNIVAC I computer and printer in General Electric, Louisville, Kentucky.
Despite being paid 15% of profit each year Andersen Consulting (AC) was facing competition against Arthur Andersen’s newly consulting business line called Arthur Andersen Business Consulting (AABC). After several differences and fight, in August 2000, as a result of the conclusion of arbitration with the International Chamber of Commerce, Andersen Consulting broke all contractual ties with Arthur Andersen and group. As part of the arbitration settlement, Andersen Consulting paid the sum fixed to Arthur Andersen and was required to change its name, resulting in the entity being renamed Accenture.
Year of establishment:– 1989 as Andersen Consulting
Founder: Arthur Andersen
Present CEO: Pierre Nanterme (Global); Rekha M. Menon (Indian CEO)
Industry Expertise: Accenture delivers its services and solutions through 13 focused industry groups in 5 operating groups. This industry focus provides Accenture’s professionals with a thorough understanding of industry evolution, business issues and applicable technologies, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions tailored to each client.
5 Operating groups are:
- Communications, Media, & Tech.
- Financial Services
- Health and Public Service
Clients- Accenture’s clients span the full range of industries around the world and include 94 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500.
Ex: Nestle, BMW, Microsoft, etc..
Accenture Global Employee statistics -
*more than 37% of employees are in India which is around 1,40,000
Financial statistics of Accenture Global -
Global presence - 200 cities in 120 countries
India Offices - Bengaluru, Chennai, Chennai Amarasri, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai
- Strategy- Accenture strategy service means shaping clients future by combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models. They also helps in finding future value and growth in a digital world, which help clients for enterprise-wide transformation.
- Consulting- It helps like a partner, to transform the business, like it gives new and innovative ideas with deep industry knowledge, meaningful insights and the broadest range of capabilities. It also helps in controlling, exploiting and utilizing innovation to tackle even the most complex issues, which help them in building and sustaining long-term client relationships.
- Digital- Accenture Digital have capabilities in digital marketing, analytics and mobility to help clients unleash the power of digital to transform their businesses.
1) Accenture Interactive- Accenture Interactive offers complete marketing solutions that helps in superior marketing performance and full multichannel experience.
2) Accenture Analytics- With the Accenture Insights Platform and a suite of custom industry apps, Accenture Analytics delivers insight-driven outcomes at scale to help organizations improve performance using big data, advanced mathematical modeling, forecasting and simple statistical analysis.
3) Accenture Mobility- Accenture Mobility specializes in connected products and custom Internet of Things innovations that provide transformative capabilities through industry-specific mobile and IoT solutions.
- Technology- Accenture Technology powers digital transformation through services which helps business to stay ahead in digital curve. Accenture Technology harnesses the power of technology to drive innovation, deliver cutting-edge solutions and increase productivity. It comprises two primary areas: Technology Services, which includes global delivery capabilities as well as application services—spanning systems integration and application outsourcing; and Technology Innovation & Ecosystem, which includes the R&D activities in the Accenture Labs and the management of our alliance relationships across the ecosystem.
- Operations- Accenture Operations combines technology that digitizes and automates business processes, unlocks actionable insights, and delivers everything-as-a-service. It helps business to consume services on demand, accelerate innovation and speed to market. Accenture Operations provides business process services, infrastructure consulting, infrastructure outsourcing, security services and cloud services, including the Accenture Cloud Platform. Accenture also transform, build and operate IT infrastructure and business processes on behalf of clients.
Main Competitors –
- IBM- International Business Machines Corporation (commonly referred to as IBM) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States, with operations in over 170 countries. Like Accenture, it is also one of the market leaders in the field of consulting. The company offers helps to its clients in driving growth through business strategy; optimizing finance organization and reducing risk; and applying analytics to improve marketing, sales and workforce operations. Till date (2017), IBM holds the record of most patent generated by a business. Some of the IBM greatest products are ATM, Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, PC etc..
- Capgemini- Capgemini, is a French multinational information technology consulting corporation headquartered in Paris, France. It provides IT services and is one of the world's largest IT consulting, outsourcing and professional services companies with almost 190,000 employees in over 40 countries. The focus for Capgemini is providing clients with the necessary skills and tools to reshape their organizations, altering operational processes and strategies to garner greater returns.
- Deloitte Consulting LLP- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, also known as Deloitte, is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in New York City in the United States.
Deloitte is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals. As of 2016, Deloitte is the 6th-largest privately owned organization in the United States. Deloitte Consulting has nearly 70,000 employees serving to 90% of Fortune 500 businesses. Deloitte devoted to solving its clients' challenges, starting with consultation on development and strategy design and following through every stage to implementation of operations. The team of consultants for the company utilizes expert global and domestic experience and knowledge to direct client focus.
Accenture acquisitions in news –
- Digital: OCTO Technology, a digital consulting firm based in Paris; Karmarama, a creative agency in the U.K. and Allen International, a design consultancy that specializes in banking.
- Cloud: DayNine, a Workday consulting and services provider; and Nashco Consulting, a ServiceNow partner.
- Security: The company acquired Redcore in Australia.
- Vertical Markets: Accenture acquired Kurt Salmon for expertise in the retail industry.
- In 2016, the firm was named 15th in the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by Diversity Inc.
- From 2009-2017, Fortune magazine named Accenture as one of the top 100 companies to work for. (88th rank-2017)
- In 2016, Accenture was ranked at 289 on the Forbes Global 2000 list.
- In 2016, Accenture was ranked No. 312 on the Fortune Global 500 list.
- In 2016, Corporate Responsibility Magazine named Accenture No. 14 in their top 100 Best Corporate Citizens.
- In 2016, it was also ranked No.14 by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in the list of their top 100 Best Corporate Citizen.
- An Accenture survey said: mining and metals companies are expected to increase their spending on digital technologies.
- Media planning and buying now will be done by UM for Accenture.
- Indian meal project Akshaya Patra teams up with Accenture to fight hunger.
- Microsoft India HR head Rohit Thakur to join Accenture
- Accenture: Programmes to groom young leaders